Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Medical Drama and Other Drama

Stephen was supposed to get toe surgery done yesterday--just out of his doctor's office, for an ingrown toenail. Unfortunately he worked himself up for weeks about it, and then moreso in the doctor's chair, and he ended up fainting. Poor Stephen.

So the doctor recommended us to a podiatrist to perform the surgery with Stephen under anesthesia. I don't think either of us like that idea much, but we can't, of course, have him fainting off doctor's chairs. Not good.

Stephen twitched while he was out, much like his first fainting incident when we were together. That concerned the doctor some, and he is going to do some research on Stephen's medical history to see if he can pinpoint why this happens to him. He advised Stephen not to drive, although he said he didn't legally need to require him not to drive because of the circumstances surrounding the fainting.

So I will be driving him to and from work and other places this week until the doctor gets back into touch with him with further instruction. I am okay with that. Stephen is not, LOL. He knows I don't particularly like to drive--and him not being able to drive is a big inconvenience, yuck. I told him I'm not worried at all though. I really don't think his twitching is a big deal yet. There have only been two instances of it--both with me, hm. Wonder what that says about my influence on him, LOL. Anyway. I do wish we could get it figured out though. That'd be really nice.

Oh, I should mention that I have to drive Steve's car around, not mine, because my left rear window decided to fall off its track and is now stuck at about halfway. I'm getting it taken care of tomorrow. I hope it doesn't cost much. :P Steve and I are thinking of getting me a new car altogether, because this one seems to be falling apart, even though it's only 3 years old. Grr.

Anyway... Yesterday was quite a rough day for me. Found myself beating myself up a lot for different things throughout the day. I suppose I shouldn't be so hard on myself, like everybody says. I wonder if there's some miracle drug that can keep people from being too hard on themselves? :T

Anyway... So that's my life update for today... Keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment