Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Disastrous Driving Story #2

This one isn't nearly as long as the last.  And, in my opinion, not as funny.

Rain started coming down early today and hasn't stopped, melting all the snow and creating instant flood conditions.  The roads are loaded with slush, which was for me more dangerous than driving in yesterday's snow.

Longish story short, I got stuck on my way back, trying to turn off the road into my parking lot.  No, I mean, like REALLY stuck.  What I wouldn't give to have been driving Mom's Jeep today instead of my PT!

I think I killed my snow tires spinning them in the slush, attempting to get either out of the road or out of the parking lot.  All I know is I smelled burning rubber.

Three guys helped me.  God bless those men!  They were so nice--and I didn't catch a single one of their names!  I wanted to--if only I could send them thank yous or something! 

What eventually happened was I just backed further backwards, straightening out until I could angle myself to turn into the lefthand side of the turn-in place (where cars would normally be coming out), which had way less slush buildup.  Thank heaven that was all it took.

That was definitely one of the scariest experiences of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment