Saturday, December 20, 2008

SNOW.

The weather has been crazy this week. We had snow on Sunday and around-freezing temperatures all week long, plus more snow every night, and unrelenting snow today. It's been snowing since 5:30 this morning, without stopping.

Tomorrow we're predicted to get freezing rain or snow or both. The schools in the area have been canceled every day this week, so teachers and students get an extra week of Christmas vacation.

It's quite beautiful, but very wearisome. I'm glad I don't live in Michigan or Canada. I would get really tired of the snow, really fast.

Steve and I drove around doing errands today and then spent a little bit of time at his work campus walking around and playing in the fluffy white. It's not wet enough to pack, so no snowball fights or snowmen, but I did have a fun time running around in it and making a footprint heart and a footprint snowflake. The ponds at his workplace are mostly frozen over. Everything is covered.

What do you like best about snow?

Stephen: I like how it changes the scenery, and I like the element of danger it adds to driving.
Stephanie: I like how it sparkles and makes everything white and fluffy-looking. I also like making snow angels and having snowball fights and sledding in it--basically doing everything fun in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment