Sunday, December 21, 2008

More Snow

Whew! I am exhausted. This winter weather has got me beat.

We got about 1/2" of freezing rain last night, on top of the 6" of snow we've already got. It's fairly common in the Portland area, but I am not native here and have never seen anything like it. I was amazed when I stepped on what looked like a beautiful snow bank and CRACK! The "beautiful snow bank" broke in shards like a mirror.



I continued to be amazed as we proceeded to un-ice my car. My doors weren't sealed shut, thank goodness. So we turned on my car, put defrost on full blast, grabbed my ice-scraper-chipper and started chipping away. Giving Stephen our only ice scraper to use, I started to use chunks of ice to deice my car. It was incredible to break off 2-foot ice slices.


As we drove through town, several places were closed, including a McDonald's and a Starbucks. We went to Fred Meyer's to get some food. While we were out, it started snow-raining. When we got home, about an inch and a half had collected. Tired of driving in the snow and not getting to play in it, I suggested Steve and I go walk around our apartment complex and take some pictures. I took advantage of the play date and dressed up like an "ice princess"--white eyeshadow, shimmery pink cheeks, and a white sweater with a faux fur-lined hood.

Walking through the snow-ice-snow wore me out, but it was fun and we did get some good pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment