Monday, December 29, 2008

Wrapping Up the Year

Christmas is over and the new year is about to start.  

I've never been so exhausted and stressed around Christmas.  Granted, it was mostly the weather which made it so stressful.  Visiting our families was great.  Tromping through feet of slush was not great. 

Stephen and I visited his parents this weekend, which I think was my favorite part of all of our Christmas outings.  Going to their house is always like a weekend vacation for me--getting away from our cold, dark, lonely apartment into a whole house with lots of people and lots of lighting and warmth, inside and out.  It's a blessing.

I was anxious about leaving our cat alone, so I felt like I was ready to go home on Sunday, but as we left I got really sad.  Didn't really realize why until Stephen and I were back in our cold, dark, lonely apartment at 7:30, wondering what to do with ourselves.  

Genevieve was okay.  She wasn't mad at us or scared of us.  She wasn't sick, thankfully... I think I was mostly worried about that.  We did discover she'd resorted to drink out of the kitchen sink while we were gone... That cat just WILL NOT drink out of a kitty bowl proper.

She was a source of comfort as she snuggled and purred and rubbed and kneaded our sweaters, but it still didn't stop the sadness of our apartment and knowing we're back to the daily routine from setting in.  

I'm glad 2008 is coming to a close.  I'm pretty sure this was the most insane year of my life.  It started with a lot of excitement and anticipation; it's ending with a lot of fatigue from all the events.  Next year ought to be calmer...We hope.

Prayer requests for us:  That the year will be a year of renewal.  That Stephanie will get a job--and the motivation to go job-hunting after being discouraged several times.  That our finances will sort themselves out, especially with all of Stephanie's needed dental work in January (a root canal and two crowns).  Pray that our health will continue and that we won't forget that God will take care of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment