Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Holidays

Our first holiday season as a married couple. We dealt with the juggling families last year too, but last year Stephen's parents were still living in our area. This year, the family moved away because Stephen's dad got a new job.

This year we spent Thanksgiving day with my aunt's boyfriend's family and some of their mutual friends. My grandparents, who live 6 hours away, were able to join us, and my mom and sister, who live in the area, were there too. It was a big party, and Stephen and I got tired and left kind of early and had a little Thanksgiving outing for two to the theaters. We saw Quantam of Solace.

Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, we went to his grandmother's house. She still lives in the area. His parents drove down to spend Thanksgiving there, so we got to see them too.

It looks like this year we'll be going up to my mom's house for Christmas Eve like we did last year, spending a little time with my aunt and her boyfriend on Christmas, and then driving to Stephen's parents' house to visit them for the rest of the weekend. It's nice that Christmas comes on a Thursday this year, so Stephen gets a four-day weekend.

We won't get to see my grandparents or Stephen's brother and sister-in-law this year, but I imagine in the new year we'll have opportunities to visit with them. In the meantime, we'll enjoy a slightly smaller Christmas and try to form some new Christmas traditions of our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment