Monday, December 15, 2008

Ice and Snow

Ice and snow, ice and snow... The Portland metro area got dumped on last night, like much of the Pacific Northwest. Then a strong east wind kicked up from the Gorge and scoured the snow into ice. The temperatures aren't predicted to get above freezing this week. Our apartment complex parking lot is like an ice skating rink.

Stephen got to work okay with chains on his tires. I planned to spend the day with my mom, since it's her birthday. We were going to go hear a brass band playing Christmas music. I couldn't get out of the parking lot, so Mom went ahead and drove down to get me. When we got there, there was no brass band (go figure), so we instead went to the mall to eat and then headed to Powell's.

When we got back to my apartment complex, the mail truck was stuck in our parking lot and being rescued by the post office. As Mom and I approached, the mail lady called, "Do you want your mail? What apartment are you in?" I stopped and talked with her a bit--she congratulated me on getting married, which made me smile. :D I'd seen her, but never talked to her before.

Stephen and I spent most of yesterday indoors, watching Christmas movies and decorating our tree. Tonight we are supposed to make gingerbread houses with the young marrieds group, but trying to find a strange place at night in this kind of weather makes me a little nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment